20101024

Mattblack Systems Freelance

I was presented with a chance to do some freelance work last week by my tutors, a live brief had been sent to them and they asked if I would be interested. After meeting the client I agreed to take it on as work outside of my studies. The job is from a company called Aquascutum and they are a luxury clothing company. For there seasonal catalogue, portraying all the new seasons stock, there are vector images of all of the clothing in all the different colour styles. My job is to follow sketches that I have been given and turn them into vector images via Illustrator.


Below: Examples of my work





Early thoughts about this project are positive, but I have a feeling this work has a chance of clashing with my university work. This will be good practice for me, juggling more than one job at a time. There is 53 different styles of merchandise, all of them in various colours. It is paid work and my employer wants me to  get as much as I can out of this experience so he has asked me to work out a price myself and then negotiate with him at the end of the project. I feel very driven to do this as my work will be in the final catalogue for the Aquascutum Autumn collection 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment