20101115

Too much

I am really struggling with my workload at the moment. I feel quite down and feel unmotivated for design work. Right now I feel like it is something that I am having to do as apposed to something that I want to do. And it is not as if I am even slacking. Every night after university, where I have been trying to wrap up my project, I will work on my freelance Aquasctutum work; which is proving to be very time consuming and awkward. On saturday I was handed an email from the company with changes that they had made and additional styles for me to complete. I have worked on these all weekend and have still not completed what has been asked of me. They want it by Wednesday which would mean working all night tonight and all day tomorrow on it, delaying any university work until wednesday afternoon, leaving me with only a day and a half to make changes for my university work.

I do not feel that it is entirely my fault that it has come to this. This email from the clientsI cannot say I could have worked harder because I am being honest when I say I have worked very hard almost everyday for 3 weeks on both projects. All i know now is to be completely honest with any exterior employers in the future(whilst im at university) about how much free time I have.

I will get the work done. But I may not be getting the work done to the best of my ability due to having to rush to get it finished. This is a fact I have come to accept and do not mind as it has been down to my actions and will know to get better in the future.

1 comment: