20110228

Work Related Learning

Last week marked the start of the new unit named Work Related Learning. I am doing this unit as apposed to the bridging essay as my intentions are to leave the course at the end of this academic year. This module is to help and aid us in finding work in the creative industry. The final outcome will be an illustrated report about our experiences in this module, that will include interacting with professionals and attempting to find work/placement in our desired paths.

I discussed my passion for layout and was told that editorial and magazine layout would be a sound place to start my research. This passion has grown since being at university, to such a stage now that I will study the layout of books and magazines more so than the content. I have had some thoughts on who to contact, in the way of magazine and newspaper companies, both well known and not so commercial. Also to contact Luke Lobley, editorial director at Wonderland Magazine, who came in to our uni last year for a lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment