20100413

David Crow Typeradio interview

The designer assigned to me was David Crow and from listening to the interview I could notice he was very softly spoken and quiet. He seemed quite reserved and I got the sense that he was very intelligent but also very modest. He puts alot of thought into what he says, this is evident due to the fact that he stutters so much and restarts alot of his sentences. He does this quite often and sometimes on the recording there will be moments of silence where no one is talking and you canjust tell he is thinking over what he would like to say and how he will be portrayed for what heis saying. I thought I could illustrate these elements of his characteristics by using white space, enough for it to be noticeable anyway.

He's a very organised person and he talks about his compulsive disorders. The example he gives is if he see's books around the house, he has to stack them up from largest to smallest. This instantly started to generate illustration ideas to be included in my layouts. I also thought about Crow's dedication and love for typography and how I could use type as imagery due to its importance to him and his practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment